Last update: April 3, 2023
1.PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, such as your device ID, device type, web browser, IP address, time zone, browser type, operating system, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. As you browse the Site, we also collect information about the individual web pages that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site, including responses to surveys or other communications or feedback that you provide. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
(a) “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer that store preferences and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
(b) “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
(c) “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally, if you register with our Site, we will collect personal and other information from you directly when you provide it to us through the Services, including your email, phone number, and location. We refer to this information as “Personal Identification Information.” Our Services are intended to be used by individuals who are at least 18 years old, and we will not knowingly seek to collect Personal Identification Information from individuals who are under 18 years old.
2. HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may use the Personal Identification Information that we collect to communicate with you, and when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We may use the Device Information that we collect to improve and optimize our Site, for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns.
We may use Personal Information to tailor and provide you with content and advertisements. We may provide you with these materials as permitted by applicable law. Some of the ways we market to you include email campaigns, custom audiences advertising, and “interest-based” or “personalized advertising,” including through cross-device tracking. If you have any questions about our marketing practices, or if you would like to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes, you may contact us at any time as set forth in “Contact Us” below.
3. SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. We may share your personal information with our third-party service providers who use that information to help us provide our Service. This includes service providers that provide us with IT support, hosting, payment processing, customer service, and related services.
We may also use analytic services, such as Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights, as well as for remarketing and targeted advertising.
4. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We employ administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to secure Personal Information and to protect your information against loss, misuse, damage or modification and unauthorized access or disclosure. Although we use reasonable efforts to safeguard information, transmission via the Internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of information collected through our Site.
5. BEHAVIORAL ADVERTISING
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
FACEBOOK – https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
GOOGLE – https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
BING – https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
6. DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
7. MODIFYING OR REMOVING PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you use our Site or elect to register an account with us, you may update or correct your account information and email preferences at any time by logging into your account.
If you would like us to remove or amend your Personal Information, please contact us by email. Please note, as many of the services we provide are regulated, we will not be able to remove Personal Information we are required to retain for audit purposes or where a legal basis exists for retaining your Personal Information.
8. YOUR RIGHTS
Data Protection Laws:
Under certain Data Protection Laws, you may have the right to request access to your Personal Information that we hold. Such rights may include:
- The right to request that your Personal Information be corrected.
The right to request that your Personal Information be deleted from our systems. This process is also referred to as the “right to be forgotten.” We will comply with this request except where we are required by law or regulation to keep your Personal Information. In such circumstances, we will advise you as to this legal or regulatory obligation.
- Where we rely on your consent to process your Personal Information, you may have the right to withdraw such consent to further use your Personal Information.
- In certain circumstances, you may have the right to object to us processing your Personal Information. For example, you may unsubscribe from marketing messages to which you consented and subscribed by following the unsubscribe link or instructions contained in such message.
- In certain circumstances, you may have the right to request that we transfer Personal Information that you have provided to us to a third-party.
- The right to file a complaint with the local data protection regulator if you believe that we have breached Data Protection Laws when using your Personal Information.
- The right to request access to Personal Information that we collect and control by sending us an email.
European Territory Citizens:
In compliance with certain privacy laws, in particular the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we provide specific additional rights for citizens of the European Territories (as defined by the GDPR) who interact with our Services, such as the right to access, rectification, right to object, to complaint, erasure and blockage. More specifically and under certain circumstances, you have the right to:
- Request information about whether and which Personal Information is processed by us;
- Demand that Personal Information is rectified or amended.
- Request that personal data should be deleted.
- Demand that the processing of personal data should be restricted.
- Withdraw your consent to the processing and use of your data completely or partially at any time with future application.
- Obtain your personal data in a common, structured and mechanically readable format.
- Contact our data protection officer if there are any questions, comments, complaints or requests in connection with our statement on data protection and the processing of your personal data.
- Complain to the responsible supervisory authority if believed that the processing of your personal data is in violation of the legislation.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European Territory citizen we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of the European Territories, including to Canada and the United States.
California residents have certain rights in relation to their Personal Information pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). However, these rights are not absolute, and in certain cases we may decline your request as permitted by law. These include the right to:
- Request information about the Personal Information that we collect about you and the manner in which we use, process and disclose that information;
Obtain the specific pieces of Personal Information that we have collected about you in the 12 months preceding your request, including:
- The categories of Personal Information that we have collected.
- The categories of sources from which we collected Personal Information.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting and/or selling Personal Information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share Personal Information.
- Whether we have disclosed your Personal Information for a business purpose, and if so, the categories of Personal Information received by each category of third party recipient.
- Whether we’ve sold your Personal Information, and if so, the categories of
- Personal Information received by each category of third party recipient.;
- Request a copy of the Personal Information that we have collected about you during the past 12 months;
- Delete certain Personal Information that we have collected about you;
- Opt-out of disclosures of your Personal Information to third parties under certain circumstances;
Not be discriminated against as a result of exercising any of the aforementioned rights
If you are a California resident, the Shine the Light Act, Cal. Civ. Code 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information to third parties and to request that we stop sharing your personal information with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
If you would like to discuss or exercise such rights, please contact us through the contact information below. As part of submitting a request, we will ask for your name, email address, phone number, date of birth, and mailing address. We will need to confirm your identity and California residency to process your requests to exercise your information, access or deletion rights.
9. DATA RETENTION
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
11. CONTACT US
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.